The Moore Memorial Public Library has received the 2023 Achievement of Library Excellence Award from the Texas Municipal Library Directors Association (TMLDA,) an affiliate of the Texas Municipal League. Of the 545 public libraries in Texas, only 84 received this award in 2023.
To successfully receive the Achievement of Library Excellence Award, the applicant must exhibit excellence in each of ten categories:
1. Services to underserved populations through outreach, special programs, collaborations with other organizations, or special collections
2. Innovative and effective marketing materials highlighting services and publicity about specific library programs
3. Collaboration with community organizations
4. Enhanced service to the public either through an increase in service or additional type of services
5. Literacy support for all ages
6. Digital inclusion through public internet access, digital literacy training, and online library services
7. Workforce development support
8. Cultural, topical, and educational programming for adults and families
9. Professional training opportunities for staff at all levels
10. Other services that support community that demonstrate how the library served the community with excellence during the past year.
The Moore Memorial Public Library demonstrated distinction with its many programs and services.