- Recreation & Tourism
- Nessler Family Aquatics Center
Nessler Family Aquatics Center
1700 5th Avenue North
Texas City, TX 77590
Pool Hours: 10 AM - 6 PM *Guests are asked to get out of the pool at 5:45 PM
2023 Summer Schedule
May 6 – August 11
Weekend Only – August 12 – September 3
June 19 - Juneteenth
July 4 - Independence Day
September 4 - Labor Day (Last Day of the Season)
Nessler Park Family Aquatic Center General Information
The Nessler Park Family Aquatic Center is an amazing aquatic venture for all ages to enjoy that features a lazy river, flume slides, cool water spa, children's play area, and much more. Parents can watch their children splash in the water from a comfortable lounge chair. The on-site concession area will ensure that you do not even need to leave the park to get a snack and a drink.
- No outside food and drinks are allowed.
- A ladies, men's, and family restroom are provided at the facility. Each is equipped with changing areas, restrooms, and showers.
- Swimsuits are required for any person entering the water.
- Tables with umbrellas and picnic tables under shade pavilions are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Coast Guard-approved floatation devices are the only floatation devices allowed in the water.
|Adult (16-54)||Child (15 & under)||Senior (55+)||Adult (16 - 54)||Child (15 & under)||Senior (55+)|
General Rules and Policies
- All patrons entering the facility must pay an admission that is correlated with the correct residency and age for the patron.
- Proof of residency is imperative to ensure that residents of Texas City are receiving the price advantage for the city facility. In order to maintain a consistent proof of residency, the patron must prove residency with the following documents:
- Texas City water bill
- Texas City property tax bill
- Texas Driver's license with a Texas City address
- Youth guests can prove residency by displaying their Texas City ISD identification card.
- *Anyone who cannot prove residency will be required to pay the non-resident price.
- Children ages 14 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 16 years.
- Anyone entering the water must be attired in an approved swimsuit. Swimsuits are designed to be quick drying and are generally made from smooth nylon material. They are durable and hold up to wear from contact with pool chemicals. An appropriate swimsuit is defined as a swim garment with an affixed/ sewn inner lining that is marketed and sold as a bathing suit.
- No gym shorts (i.e. Under Armour, Mesh, Basketball, Soffe, etc.). Linings in shorts may not qualify as appropriate swimwear. Inappropriate attire may damage our pumps and chemicals. Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation are not permitted on play features or slides. Thong bikinis or other revealing swimwear is not permitted. Lifeguard gear or other insignia is not allowed for liability reasons.
- All children wearing disposable or cloth diapers must have their diapers securely closed by a pair of plastic pants that feature an elastic leg and waist openings. Swim diapers are recommended, along with the plastic pants. Please do not change diapers on the deck. A changing station is provided in the restrooms for the patrons' convenience.
- The manager on duty has the authorization to request anyone to take a shower before entering the pool.
- Abusive or profane language will not be permitted. Patrons engaging in harassing and/or violent behavior will receive immediate disciplinary action.
- Smoking, other tobacco products, alcohol, drugs and gambling are not permitted.
- Chewing gum is not permitted.
- Glass containers and bottles are prohibited.
- No running, horseplay or fighting in the facility is allowed. Dunking, riding shoulders, etc., is not allowed. Patrons are not allowed to throw other patrons into or across the water.
- Acts of physical affection are not permitted.
- Loitering is not permitted along the outside of the fence line or adjacent to the facility.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard-approved floatation devices are allowed.
- Only employees are allowed in the pump room, mechanical room, concession stand and ticketing booth.
- Animals are restricted from the facility (unless the animal is a service animal).
- The Nessler Park Family Aquatic Center Staff are not responsible for items that are lost, stolen, vandalized or left unattended. Lockers are provided for a per use fee to store personal items.
- You must be at least 48 inches tall to ride this attraction.
- Rider is not permitted to enter the slide until instructed by the lifeguard.
- Do not run, jump, stand, kneel or dive onto the slide.
- Enter, ride and exit slide feet first.
- Cutting in line, horseplay and other unsafe behavior is not permitted.
- Loitering on the stairs is not permitted.
- Standing, stopping and sliding down head-first are not allowed.
- Metal objects, glasses, jewelry, metal snaps, watches, etc., are not allowed on the water slide.
- Swimsuits with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation is not permitted.
- Floatation devices are not allowed on the slide.
- Keep hands inside the slide at all times.
- Only one person is allowed on the slide at a time.
- Move towards the exit stairs in the catch pool immediately after exiting the slide.
- Do not cross in front of the other slide.
Private Party Reservation Procedure 2023
As the result of the demand for private pool party reservations, the Texas City Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department will administer a draw for pool party reservations for the Nessler Park Family AquaticsCenter. With a reservation draw for private pool party reservations there will be no need to line up in front of the building prior to 6am. Doors to the building will not be open until 6am and it does not matter what place you will be in line. The draw is for Texas City residents only.
Each private party representative present at the draw will enter a drawing to have their dates reserved. One reservation per household and the “draw” is open to Texas City residences only.
The draw will take place on Monday, April 3, 2023 at 6am at the Nessler Center Reservations Office located at 2010 5th Avenue North, Texas City Texas 77590. At 6am we will start passing out tickets to beput into a ticket drum. At 6:45am we will start drawing tickets. If you want to be in the draw you will need to arrive prior to 6:45am.
If you arrive after 6:45am you will have to wait until the draw is complete after which it will be first come, first served. If you arrive after 6:45 am you will wait in line until the draw reservation havebeen completed. Open reservations will start at 8am at the Nessler Center on Monday, April 3rd for non-residents.
Private Party Rentals:
Resident: $300.00 per 2 hour block
Non–Resident: $400.00 per 2 hour block
Private Party Rental Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Private Party Rentals
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Reservations must be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
One person, 21 years of age or older, must be present per every ten children 8 years of age and younger or non-swimmers for the duration of the scheduled event.
Renter must be present and will be responsible for ensuring the facility is left in the same condition as it was prior to the event and that no damage to the facility, equipment, and surrounding pool areawas incurred during the event.
Renter understands that this reservation can be revoked at any time before or during their scheduled event, if in the opinion of the staff, any department polices have been abused or if the safety of patronsis in question.
Cancellations for a pool reservation must be made 15 working days or more before reservation date for a refund of $290.00 for a resident and $390.00 for a non-resident ($10.00 of the original payment will be applied to a refund processing fee). A cancellation made less than 15 working days from reservation will not receive a refund.
If thunder or lightning occurs during the event and the event is less than half over and the pool manager deems it unsafe to continue, the renter will receive half of the rental fee. If the event is heldfor more than one hour and is cancelled due to weather, no refund will be given. If prior to event, the renter cancels the event for weather reasons, a refund will not be issued. If the pool manager or City authority cancels the event, a full refund willbe issued. Refunds will be issued by mail and take 2 -3 weeks for processing.
The lifeguards are necessary and are provided for your event. The role of the lifeguard is to prevent accidents and respond to emergencies in the pool area. Parents and/or guardians are responsible for watchingtheir children.
Bathing suit attire is required for all swimmers.
Barbecue pits, alcohol, and glass items are not allowed in the pool area. No loud music is allowed during your event. Smoking is not allowed in the pool, facility and surrounding area.
Events for profit and/or for the purpose of raining money are not allowed at the pool facilities. There will be no charging admission fees for entry allowed for guests to enter a pool party rental.