Health & Medicine
Online Health & Medicine Databases
Information provided in these databases should not be viewed as a means for self-diagnosis or a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- Alt HealthWatch: Provides in-depth coverage across the full spectrum of subject areas covered by complementary and alternative medicine.
- Consumer Health Complete: A comprehensive resource that provides content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine.
- Gale OneFile - Health and Medicine: Provides access to medical and professional periodicals, health and fitness magazines, and reference books and pamphlets. The database is designed for both nursing and allied health students as well as consumer health researchers.
- Health Source - Consumer Edition: Access to more than 130 consumer health magazines plus health-related pamphlets, health reference books and more.
- Health Source - Nursing/Academic Edition: Nearly 550 scholarly full text medical journals. Includes the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- MedicLatina (Spanish): A Spanish-language collection of medical research and investigative journals published by renowned Latin American medical publishers.
- MEDLINE: Authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
- Natural and Alternative Treatments: Complementary and alternative medicine database designed specifically for the consumer health researcher. Contains more than 700 evidence-based articles covering medical conditions, alternative therapies, herbs and supplements, functional foods, drug interactions, and homeopathy.
- Salud en Español (Spanish): Provides comprehensive evidence-based reports and fact sheets in Spanish on all aspects of consumer health and wellness.