Water service can be disconnected for the following issues, but not limited to:
- No payment on water account after the disconnect date noted on the bill.
- Vacant location showing consumption of water.
- No payment on an Insufficient funds (NSF) check/bank draft.
- NSF check on a deposit for a water account.
- Missed payment on a payment plan.
- Theft of water from either City or another customer's connection.
The service charge for disconnection or being on disconnect list is $25. For water resumption, all past due amounts including service charges must be paid with cash, debit, or credit card.
Disconnection for Non-Pay
On the fourth day after the original bill date which is stated on the bill, if payment has not been received, service will be scheduled for disconnection. Once an account has been scheduled, a service fee of $25 will be added to the account.
Tamper Fines (Effective August 1, 2017)
Anyone turning his or her service on without making payment or destroying a locking device to obtain water illegally will be subject to fines of up to $500. On the first offense, a $100 fine will be added to the account. For each additional offense, an additional $100 will be added for each offense up to $500, after which each offense will be $500 per incident.
These fines must be paid in full to restore service.