Brush, Clippings & Bulky Items
Brush & Bagged Lawn Clippings Collection
Brush and bagged leaf/lawn clippings collection is provided once per week to all City residential solid waste customers. Collection days vary due to fluctuations in brush volume. Simply place your brush pile in front of your home, following the guidelines below, and our truck will pick it up.
Brush Pile Guidelines
- No longer than 8 feet in length
- Place brush piles within 12 feet of the curb or edge of the road
- Do not mix any other material into the brush
- Do not place brush piles near vehicles, fences mailboxes, utility boxes, meters, or any other obstructions
- Do not place brush beneath overhead wires or tree limbs
- Do not place brush on the street
- Must use clear or translucent bags for leaf/lawn clippings
Bulky Item Disposal
Bulky item collection is provided to all City residential solid waste customers.
Bulky items are defined as residentially generated:
- Refrigerators and air conditioners (which have chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) removed and tagged by a certified technician)
- Washing machines
- Water heaters
- Large empty boxes that can not fit in the cart (contents should be placed in cart)
- Construction and building materials are not collected. Contact Public Works 409-643-5810 for more information
The City of Texas City provides bulky item collection once per week.
- For homes serviced on Tuesday/Friday, bulky items will be collected on Tuesday.
- For homes serviced on Wednesday/Saturday, bulky items will be collected on Wednesday.
- For homes serviced on Monday/Thursday
- East of Hwy 146 bulky items will be collected on Thursday.
- West of Hwy 146 bulky items will be collected on Monday.
Bulky Pile Guidelines
- Set out bulky items no later than 7 am on the scheduled collection day
- Place bulky item piles within five feet of the curb or edge of the street
- Do not place bulky item(s):
- Beneath overhead wires or low-hanging tree limbs
- Garbage carts
- Parked cars
- On top of water meters
Bulky Item & out of Compliance Waste Disposal Alternative
The city offers "Pay Pile" collections (for a fee) to residents with "out of compliance" debris or items that exceed regular collection. Additionally, Residents with a current copy of their water bill may be able to dispose of some materials at the Biosphere recycling center located at 3301 Loop 197 N.
Call 409-643-5810 for more information.
Construction Materials and Remodeling Debris
Removal of construction and building materials is not considered part of the weekly trash collection and is the responsibility of the property owner/resident. Residents can bring contraction materials and remodeling debris from small projects at their home to the Biosphere Recycling Center (some limitation apply) or contact Public Works at 409-643-5810 for information about collecting the material for a fee of $5 per cubic yard.