Military / Overseas Voting

U.S. citizens residing outside the United States along with members of the uniformed services and their family members are eligible to use the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) form to request a by-mail ballot.

Having a permanent residence address in Texas City is a prerequisite to requesting ballots from the City of Texas City. Residence is defined in Section 1.015 of the Texas Election Code as the voter's permanent home to which he or she intends to return after any temporary absence. This definition implies that you must have lived at the location at one time and intend to return, so generally you cannot list a location where you have never been physically present.

Postage-paid FPCA forms are available from U.S. embassies, consulates, and from the voting assistance officer at each military installation. An online copy of the FPCA Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request (PDF) is available from the Federal Voting Assistance Program, which provides voting help for uniformed service members, their families and citizens living outside of the United States.

Additional Resources

Military Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act

From the Texas Secretary of State: