📣 PLEASE NOTE: Engineering & Planning may experience some brief connectivity interruptions with our phones, internet and email on Thursday, January 27, 2022 as our network systems are being upgraded. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience. We should be fully operational with the new system by the next day. 🚧
WHAT WE DO
The City of Texas City Building Department is responsible for reviewing project plans, issuing building permits, inspecting all types of construction and remodeling projects as well as issuing certificates of completion or certificates of occupancy when all requirements are met. Permits enable the City to enforce the life-safety provisions of the building codes in Texas.
These codes are a minimum standard, protecting life, health, property and public welfare by insuring public and private buildings meet a quality standard set for all buildings in the State of Texas.
- City of Texas City, TX Code of Ordinances
- The City of Texas City complies with the following Texas Codes:
- International Building Code, (IBC) 2015
- International Energy Conservation Code, (IECC) 2015
- International Fuel Gas Code, (IFC) 2015
- International Mechanical Code (IMC) 2015
- International Plumbing Code, (IPC) 2015
- International Property Maintenance Code, (IPMC)
- International Residential Building, (IRC) 2015
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC) 2015
- International Fire Code (IFC) 2015
- National Electrical Code, (NEC) 2014