The Texas City Police Criminal Investigation Division (CID) is the investigative branch of the Police Department. CID handles a majority of Felony investigations and supports the Patrol Division. The division is commanded by Captain David Fairchild and consists of the following:
- Detectives who are assigned to property crimes that cover thefts, burglaries, UUMV, and other property crimes.
- Detectives who are assigned to sex crimes, which include adults and children.
- Detectives who are assigned to major crimes, which include aggravated assaults, robberies, weapon offenses, and crimes against persons.
- The crime scene unit is a group of investigators assigned to process crime scenes, recover, and store evidence. They also manage the evidence room and work closely with the Department of Public Safety crime lab.
- The Digital forensics unit is a group of investigators responsible for recovering digital evidence from cell phones, computers, tablets, and other electronic devices.
The Criminal Investigations Division aims to thoroughly and professionally investigate crimes against citizens, property owners, and businesses within the City of Texas City. The goal of this division is to recover property and secure criminal convictions when possible.